How To Burn
These Sermons to a CD
only may you freely copy and distribute these messages in
a non-commercial form,
but we encourage you to do so!
make it easy for you to copy these messages onto CD, every
single message is provided in the easy-to-download, easy-to-convert
MP3 format. If you are already familiar with
creating, or "burning", CDs from an MP3, then you
don't need this tutorial. But if you are not familiar
with creating a CD from a downloaded audio file from the internet,
then keep reading - we hope you will find these step-by-step
instructions simple, and helpful.
(instructions assume the use of iTunes; if you would rather
use Windows Media Player, see
- First, please note that for these instructions to work
you must have a CD-burning drive (CD-R) installed on your
- Once you are certain you have a CD-R drive, download
iTunes at this link
- Install the program onto your computer
- Download the sermon(s) of your choice from this website
to your computer. Be sure to take note of where the files
are being downloaded! You will need to find them again
in just a moment.
- Open iTunes
- At the top of the program, there is a "File"
menu. Click that, then click "Add to Library..."
- In the window that appears, locate the sermon file(s)
you just downloaded. Once you have found it, click the
file and then click the "Import"
button. (Note: If you have downloaded
more than than 1 file, you can select them all to import
at once by holding down the "Ctrl"
key while you click on each file)
- Create a Playlist with the files/sermons
you would like to burn -
- Click on the '+' button, ,
located in the lower left hand corner of the iTunes
window to create a Playlist. A new item untitled playlist
appears under the Source column
- Type in a name for your playlist
- You can now drag files from your main Library onto
Note: Keep in mind that a 650MB CD-R
can fit about 74 minutes of audio, or about 20 MP3
sermons. Some discs allow 80 minutes, 700 MB, of audio/MP3s.
- Burn your CD -
- Create a playlist of the audio files that you wish
to burn. Arrange the files in the exact order you
would like them to be on the CD
- Under the "File" menu,
- In the window that pops up, click on the Advanced
button and choose Burning
- Set the Disc Format - choose either MP3 CD or Audio
CD (a computer or special CD player is required to
play MP3 CD's)
- Click OK
- In the iTunes window, select the playlist you want
to burn to the CD.Then click the Burn Disc button
in the upper right hand corner
You can only burn a CD from the songs in a playlist
If a playlist contains more songs than will fit on
the CD, iTunes will only burn as many songs as will
fit on the disc. The size of the selected playlist
is shown at the bottom of the iTunes window. You may
need to create more than one playlist and burn each
one to a CD
- Insert a blank CD-R disc and click Burn Disc again
If you plan to play the CD on a consumer CD player,
you need to use a blank CD-R disc, not a CD-RW disc
It may take several minutes to write an audio CD.
You can cancel the burn by clicking the X next to
the progress bar, but since you can use CD-R discs
only once, you won't be able to use the CD after canceling